Like Button

Sunday, October 20, 2019

It’s Ok To Spread Sunshine After Darkness


I stopped by a girlfriend’s house. I brought some remedies for a migraine she was having. We spend a lot of time together because it makes our souls feel good. 

We started to talk and I said sometimes I feel bad being so happy and spreading sunshine because I haven’t dealt with some traumas in life like people have so I don’t want to be a hypocrite. 

She stopped and looked at me. What are you taking about she asked. You had cancer while pregnant. You went through a divorce. Your whole life changed over and over. You had heartache. Pain. Loved ones who dealt with addictions and medical conditions. You had dealt with fear and pain and anger. You lost people in your life you loved and pets and friendships. You dealt with aggressive behavior you didn’t deserve. What more do you want to deal with?

Wow I said you’re right. But all those things helped me see the sunshine now. All those dark moments built my character. 

Keep shining and don’t change she said. 

It made me think. She was right. I have had my share of darkness. 

My life isn’t better than yours. The more I think about it we can’t ever compare. Whether your darkness was easier or harder than mine doesn’t mean we can judge or compare. It means we take those situations and make peace with them. 

We release them. Hold on to the lessons and say today I am better because of them. We heal our brokenness and shine. We spread love and sunshine because it makes us feel good. 

We all have darkness. We all have had times when we wanted to sleep our life away or run or hide or start over. 

It’s ok you now get to decide what to do with your life
once you overcome that darkness. I decided to spread some sunshine. Not because my life is simple or easy it’s because those dark moments didn’t break me. They helped me. 

No comments:

Welcome to My Blog!!

MOMMY CT



A Place Where Every Woman Can Relate!